How to distinguish between good and bad SPC flooring to make your decoration more at ease
Seven steps to identify the pros and cons of spc flooring.
1) Look at the color: mainly look at the color of the "spc substrate", the pure material is beige, the mixed material is gray, cyan, and white, and the recycled material is gray-black and black. The cost can be divided into many levels.
2) Touch: The spc base material has a delicate touch and a moisturizing feel. Recycled materials and mixtures have a dry hand and no moisture. Whether the smoothness and fit of the two pieces are good after splicing.
3) Smell: This is because there are a few very bad ones that will have a little smell. Most of the recycled materials and mixtures can still be odorless.
4) Light (transmittance): The mobile phone flashlight is irradiated against the floor, with good light transmission, and the admixture and recycled materials are opaque. Or the light transmission is poor.
5) Measuring thickness: If possible, it is best to use a caliper or a micrometer to measure the floor thickness. The actual thickness is about 0.2mm more than the marked thickness is the normal range. For example, if a regular manufacturer marked 4.0 thickness according to the production standard, use a caliper or micrometer. The measurement should be around 4.2, because adding the thickness of the wear-resistant layer and the uv layer, if the actual measurement is 4.0, what you actually buy is 3.7-3.8 thickness, which is commonly known as cutting corners. Other links we can't see can be imagined to what extent this manufacturer can do.
6) Break the lock: the female button on the edge of the floor (that is, the part where the lock leaks a lot), press the lock harder. If the quality is poor, it will be broken if the force is not too large. The strength of the pure new material will be much greater. Easy to break.
7) Tear: This is not easy to operate. It is necessary to collect several samples from several merchants, break and comb the corners, and tear off the color film layer and the spc substrate, and see the bonding of the color film layer and the substrate Strength, this determines whether it is easy to peel in the next few years. The bonding strength of pure new material is the largest, followed by others. It doesn't matter if you can't operate it. Basically, it's not bad to judge the high-quality merchant product through the appeal process.